NEW YORK – The city Department of Education (DOE) recently unveiled a redesigned, mobile-ready website,www.schools.nyc.gov, to provide families and communities with improved access to critical information about public schools.
“Students and families need access to information to be truly empowered,” said Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza. “This new website gives them meaningful, translated, easy-to-navigate information, right from their mobile devices.”
The new www.schools.nyc.gov features:
- Clear navigation: Dropdown menus, organized by topic, make it quick and easy to get to the information you’re looking for.
- Powerful site-wide search: Up-to-date information whether you search for key words, topics, or page titles.
- School pages: Use Find a School to look up key information for every school—there’s a link at the top of every page on the site. You can search by school name or any New York City address to see what schools are close by.
- Calendar: Looking for school holidays? Public Meetings? Important enrollment deadlines? Use the filters to find the events you’re looking for.
- Google Translate: Get the information you need in the language you speak. The language button is in the upper right corner on desktops and upper left on mobile. Click to select the language you need. The website supports: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Urdu.
- Accessible designsite to be easy to use for people with disabilities. Visit our Contact Us page for more information and a way to give us feedback about the accessibility of the site.