SOHO – Pop-up open-fire Mexican fare and cocktails place Gitano opened just three weeks ago was briefly shut down by the Health Department. 22,000-square-foot space managed to briefly become a hot spot with lines wrapping around the block.
According to Eater NY “Angry customers flocked to the restaurant’s Yelp page, posting screenshots of conversations in which the restaurant canceled reservations suddenly, offering a round of free drinks “as a way of compensation for the inconvenience. One customer was simply told it was an “unexpected issue,” while another was cited construction. ”
Gitano’s sanitary Violations include:
1) Potable water supply inadequate. Water or ice not potable or from unapproved source. Cross connection in potable water supply system observed.
2) Sewage disposal system improper or unapproved.
3) Food contact surface improperly constructed or located. Unacceptable material used.
4) Insufficient or no refrigerated or hot holding equipment to keep potentially hazardous foods at required temperatures.
5) Toilet facility not maintained and provided with toilet paper, waste receptacle and self-closing door.