TRIBECA – An Italian restaurant in Sheraton Tribeca has been temporarily closed by the Department of Health. Antica, located at 370 Canal Street, was closed by the Health Department after an inspection on July 13.
The inspector described finding numerous violations, including evidence of mice or live mice.
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
4) Wiping cloths soiled or not stored in sanitizing solution.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.